The Wartime Adventures of the Lost Dreams Squad
Navarre and d'Orval Tower
The Navarre and d’Orval Tower are part of the ancient city walls that surround Langres, France. They have been unused for decades and have fallen into disrepair.
In November 1941, a squadron of Pioneer Infantry (combat engineers) began repairing and altering both buildings. The Navarre appears to house at least one squadron of SS infantry. The d’Orval Tower’s top floor has been bricked closed so that no sunlight enters the building. A large trapdoor and rain collection gutter have been added to the roof. All handles to the trapdoor leading to the lower floors are gone, which makes the door almost impossible to open from the top floor. The entire construction operation was overseen by an SS-Sturmbannführer (Major), who was wounded by Belgarde.